The RedSeal Software Platform provides a wide range of analytics and information, designed to help organizations maximize the effectiveness of their Network Security Architecture. To accomplish this, RedSeal includes functional understanding of a broad range of networking, network security, and vulnerability products.
As a RedSeal Professional Services team member, you will work directly with customers and partners both onsite, and remotely, to enable them to realize the benefits of the RedSeal system. This position provides the opportunity to work with the USPS RedSeal Team to expand the implementation and operation of RedSeal to the USPS Enterprise.
A RedSeal Professional Services team member performs a wide variety of tasks.
In this role, you will:
- Establish and maintain positive and constructive relationships with clients.
- Communicate with the customer to understand their network and security architecture, infrastructure and operational environment.
- Communicate with the customer to understand their network security objectives.
- Maps customer network security objectives to RedSeal capabilities.
- Defines practical plan for integrating RedSeal into a customer environment to meet their specific objectives.
- Assists customer towards realization of the effectively integrated system.
- Hands-on leadership to resolution of technical/integration problems.
- Effectively escalate critical issues of both technical, and operational nature.
- Provides standard, and customized training on the RedSeal system.
- Identifies additional integration and value opportunities.
- Provide accurate, complete and timely written documentation for all project phases.
- Effectively communicate project status and issues to both customer, and RedSeal.
A successful RedSeal Professional Services Engineer is an effective team player, interacting with all of:
- Engineering Team, for resolution of product issues.
- Product Management Team, for identification and prioritization of product enhancements.
- Account Team, for identification of techniques and resources to help position RedSeal Technology appropriately in specific customer environments.
- Documentation Team, for evolution of Product Documentation and related resources.
- Professional Services Team, to maximize customer success.
As a result of your experiences using RedSeal in customer environments, you will be in a position to identify new techniques and methodologies, as well as potential usability enhancements to the RedSeal product. Capturing this knowledge in the form of internal and external Training material, write-ups, and “webinar”-type contexts is an important component of this position.
- Three (3) years of network and/or security consulting experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customer representatives at multiple levels of the organization – from highly technical to senior management.
- Ability to identify, understand and communicate complex network and security issues effectively.
- Effective project management and leadership skills, working with multiple teams within the customer environment.
- Ability to identify, escalate and resolve issues that impact customer success.
- Ability to effectively track and communicate project status and results.
- Ability to identify opportunities for broader integration within the customer environment.
- Ability to identify and communicate techniques, methodologies and usability enhancements to improve future projects.
- Top Secret US Govt Security Clearance required.
- BS in CS/CIS/EE/MIS or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in the networking/security arenas.
Preferred Qualifications/Skills/Areas of Interest
While it would be great, we don’t expect you to have mastery of all of the technologies that we work with when you walk in the door. We do highly value the ability to rapidly assimilate new and evolving technologies; and you’ll find this a rich environment in which to learn.
Examples of experience, skill and knowledge areas of interest include:
- Experience in multiple large-scale network environments (500+ network devices).
- Experience in a range of types of networks (Enterprise, Ecommerce, Service Provider).
- Experience in large data center designs.
- Strong knowledge in network security design, architecture and implementation.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in a large-scale network environment.
- Understanding of Network Layer (2, 3, and 4) concepts and technologies, including:
- IPv4 Subnetting, NAT and IPv6,
- Packet-level understanding of basic TCP/IP Protocols including ICMP, UDP, TCP,
- GRE and IPsec,
- BGP, OSPF, EIGRP,
- MPLS, MPLS-VPN, VPLS,
- STP and VLANs.
- Detailed understanding of contemporary routing, firewall and load balancing functions and products. Configuration-level experience with routers, firewalls and load balancers from multiple vendors.
- In-depth knowledge of a range of network management technologies and systems.
- Current knowledge of security threats and security tools.
- Experience with security audit projects such as PCI.
- Understanding of XML, Java and scripting tools.
- CCIE, CCNP, JNCIE, CCSE/CCSA, CISSP, CISA, CISM certification(s).
Additional Job Details
Willing to travel up to 75% of the time.